Iceman's Insights

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Smacking the Window

I was just sitting here in the office when all the sudden I hear this fantastic thud. Much to my enjoyment a bird had hit my window and flopped to the ground only to shake himself off and head in another direction. I truly enjoyed that moment today when my mood was not terrific. I know that sounds like I'm weird, but if you know me, you already knew that. It brought a smile to my face. Now, I know I should feel bad for the bird, this experience could cost him a withdraw in his self-esteem account not to mention the bills he will accrue for the future beak job and counseling visits. The bird has just had an experience that I have had before and I know the poor bird will survive atleast until he takes a rest on the wrong electric line(I'm sorry, couldn't resist).
How many times in our lives have we smacked the window? We are sailing through life and think we know just where we're heading when POW we smack into the unexpected. At that point, we sputter around trying to figure out where that came from and realize where we were heading wasn't what we thought. We then have the choice of staying put and questioning God on why he wouldn't allow me to go on this great path we had planned out for ourselves or getting up and flying down another path that is full of adventure and giving God all the praise for guiding you to a new path. Rejoice in the bumps on your head and thank him for allowing you to get up and fly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home